Monday, January 18, 2010

Working out with the Wii

I got the Wii Fit Plus and EA Sports Active for Christmas. Yippee!

I am working hard to get myself organized and exercise everyday. I know, for myself, that if I don't work out first thing in the morning, it's just not going to happen. Once I shower and get dressed though, I'm not going to exercise, so I have to do it early. I try to exercise immediately after Kid A gets on the school bus, but before Kid B needs to get driven to preschool. Kid C (2 months) still feeds on demand and that makes it hard, but I still have to loose all the residual baby weight.

My mother taught me the saying "Horses sweat, Men Perspire, Women Glisten." I don't sweat. I've had gym memberships, I've worked out regularly on both of my Wii workout games, but I don't sweat. I get winded, I get sore, I feel "gross, I need to shower" but I don't sweat. My husband says I'm not pushing myself hard enough, and maybe I'm not, but part of me thinks maybe I just don't sweat. Any thoughts for me?

Luckily, so far the pounds are slowly slipping away. The scale is getting a pound less every 2 or 3 weeks. It's not nearly as fast as I want it too, but I'm pleased it's moving. This weekend I bought a pair of jeans one size smaller than I've worn in 4 years and they fit! I'm pretty excited!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

congrats....are you doing the challenge on the eas active? If you dont sweat on those, then maybe you just dont sweat! Some people do not sweat, and it is something that you may want to talk to your doctor about. My daughter gets really red at times...and her dr said it was something about just make sure she sweats when she is hot...if she doesnt then she should be seen to make sure her body is regulating her temp ok.