Friday, January 14, 2011

Provident Living Class

Last night our church had a class on provident living - how to get started on food storage. The recommendation that we should have a 3 month supply of food for a rainy day is nothing new, but saying it, knowing it and doing it are different things.

Here's my personal plan.
1. Inventory my pantry.
2. Plan meals for the next few weeks to eat up anything in my pantry that might be old.
3. Make a basic 3 month meal plan
4. Restock pantry to ensure I can make my 3 month meal plan.



One of the other things I want to do that was talked about last night was making a list of the common things I buy at the store. One of the ladies who spoke last night, Janet, has a typed up list of what she usually buys and it's organized relative to the store she typically shops at. When it's time to go grocery shopping she buys what is circled on her list based on what she has used up. This would make it that I wouldn't have random grocery lists scribbled on papers throughout my house.

I'm not going to try to do these all at the same time, but I'll try to start on my list one at a time and I'll let you know how it goes.

Maybe someday I'll get really good...I'll even coupon...and my grocery bill will be really low!

No comments: