Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude Thursday 4

Happy Thanksgiving!  Here are 5 more things I’m grateful for today!

1.  Aaron

IMG_5344-1

I am so impressed with Aaron.  He’s growing up to be such a wonderful boy.  I can’t believe he’ll be 8 in just a few months.  He’s so smart and is so kind and thoughtful.  His prayers are so sincere and heartfelt.  He is amazingly helpful (when he wants to be) and is polite as well.  He loves to read, play games, design games, make up math problems and play video games.  He made me a mom and I love spending time with him.  I’m really glad he’s mine!

2.  My Testimony

jesus-christ-39623-gallery

I am so grateful for my testimony of the fullness of the gospel restored to the earth today.  I know that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, atoned for my sins and that I can return to live with him and my Heavenly Father someday.  I testify that God knows each of us personally and loves us and wants us to become the people he knows we can become.  I pray for His help to be able to become that woman someday.  I am very grateful for my own personal testimony.

3.  Thanksgiving Dinner

turkey

I love to eat, lately I love to cook.  We will be eating with my mom and one other family that I’ve known most of my life.  7 adults and my 4 kids.  Should be fun!  I am really looking forward to the four new recipes I am making for todays feast.  (Homemade rolls – my friend Travis’s recipe, Green Bean Casserole – Pioneer Woman’s recipe, Sweet Potato Casserole – my sis-in-law Tiff’s recipe, and Chocolate Pumpkin Pie – from The Chew.)  My mom is in charge of the typical turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, a fruit salad and another pie.  It will all be yummy and I’m excited to eat it!

4.  My Mom

groups

My mom and I have always been close.  Don’t get me wrong, we’ve disagreed and had the typical mother/daughter fights from time to time, but even when I was in high school we mostly got along.  She taught me how to cook, how to sew, how to host a dinner party and how to be a mother.  She showed me by example how to reach outside myself and think of others.  She babysits my kids when I need her to and takes me shopping and buys me stuff just because!  I see her almost every week (often multiple times a week) and I talk to her multiple times every day.  I am very grateful that my mother is such an important part of my life and I love her a lot!

5.  The temple

houston-temple-765125-gallery

Paul and I were married on the day after Thanksgiving 9 years ago in the Houston, Texas temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  We were sealed together as husband and wife for time and all eternity by someone holding the proper holy priesthood power.  Because of the promises we made in the temple with our Heavenly Father our four beautiful boys have been born in that covenant and are also sealed to us for eternity.  I am so grateful we have a House of the Lord in our city and that we are able to attend the temple often. 

No comments: