Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Post Thanksgiving soup

One of my favorite things about cooking up a turkey is being able to make turkey noodle soup the next day. I took home the turkey frame from my moms house and started it boiling on the stove Sunday. After letting it boil with a few spices for an hour or so, I took it out of the water and began picking off the meat. I was the one who carved the turkey originally and I had left a lot of meat on the frame! We used some for turkey sandwiches that afternoon, but all the rest of the meat went into my stock pot with onions and carrots and more spices.

When I got home from church I turned my pot back on, and cooked it until the carrots were tender then I added some egg noodles. The soup was delicious but I made a lot of it! Some of it I put in tupperware and I've been eating the leftovers for lunch this week. But I also took some of the soup and put it in muffin cups and froze it!


I now have a dozen soup disks for lunches later! I'll put 2 or 3 disks into a bowl and heat it in the microwave when I want soup later! There's my freezer assignment this week!

No comments: